|Map reading, navigation and route planning
Are you already an experienced and competent walker?
Then try one of our own courses for map reading, navigation and route planning to develop your skills for day (and night) walking.
|We can work with you to create a programme to develop and stretch your skills. And if you’d like some challenges to test them out, we’ll be happy to help!
You can select from:
- Safety and emergency planning
- Personal equipment
- Map reading, use of a compass & navigation
- Natural navigation
- Use of GPS
- Practical navigation and micro-navigation
- Understanding and predicting the weather
- Night and low-visibility navigation
- Understanding the environment
- Route planning
- Basic survival principles